Network Engineer – £50,000 + bonus – Reading
Excellent opportunity for a Network Engineer to join a leading software house based from their UK head office in Reading, Berkshire.
This role will assist with the design, implementation, troubleshooting, analysing and maintaining networks across the enterprise, as well as ensuring access to network systems, customer sites, SaaS platforms, and maximizing network infrastructure efficiency through performance monitoring, managing resource usage, implementation of upgrades, diagnostics and troubleshooting and have the ability to configure, test and maintain network equipment and related services including OS patches/software upgrades.
In addition, the candidate should be comfortable interfacing with technical team members across organisational departments.
- Provides support in all aspects of Cisco/F5/Juniper routing, switching, security, and load balancing
- Assist with maintaining comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Assist with security audit discussions and address any questions related to firewalls and other network equipment
- Performs analysis for performance and capacity
- Identifies diagnoses and resolves network problems (alerts and trouble tickets)
- Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient hands-on networking experience
- Experience with network design, install, configuration/provisioning and troubleshooting across data centres and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure or other)
- Experience with routers, firewalls, switches, IEEE 802.1x, VPN, wireless access points, remote access, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP concepts
- Knowledge of MPLS networks over Ethernet and TDM transport, remote access VPN, site to site VPN, and dynamic multipoint VPN configuration
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please do not hesitate to call or email through your CV for review.